I have to admint I'm a fan... but this was the best yet, my brain really hurtified. I'm sure I haven't seen everything yet, either. The best part about this game was it really appealed to me, being a fan of such movies as BraveHeart and the Patriot.
Lot's of fun
Normally I dislike stripped down versions of games on New Grounds, but in this case I was glad for the oppurtunity to play this game. It was very interesting the combination of poker and real estate. I wish the real estate part was a tad more developed. Also, for those who complain the dealing is slow, you can speed it up in the options.
This game, is not worth 19.99 for the "premium" version. I would have paid 5.00 though.
Lots of fun
I disagree with a lot of comments below... sometimes I really hate TD games with 5000 types of turrents. I really like the missions and awards.
I do agree that the spacing leaves something to be desired... especially in survival.
A bug: When the inevitable slowdown occurs in survival mode, the enemies move slowers and guns shoot slower, but the rate at which enemies comes out seems unaffected... doesn't seem right.
I blammed you but...
1) You need sound effects, just a sound when a red ball collides with each other, one for when they hit a wall, and one for when they hit you.
2) FIX the COLLISIONS! It's just no fun when you play a game and collisions are that bad.
3) Vary the speed of red balls.
1) For every level the score multiplier increases: 1 point in level 1, 2 in level 2... etc...
3) Different Red Ball behaviors. Have a red ball that travels in a circle.
5) Different Red Ball Sizes.
12) Balls are something other than balls, like FireBalls and Ico or something.
27) A background image
The Ball needs a shadow under it
The Ball needs a shadow under it so we can tell better where it is in space. Good luck with this
Very Deep Turrent/Tower Defence game
I think of all TD games ever to come out, this is the most challenging without being cheap and the most deep. There are enumerable strategies that can be attempted within the levels. This differs greatly from other TD games where I feel like there is one solution that becomes obvious after a couple of plays.
I like game better then the originally Xeno Tactic, but this game doesn't give me the same heart pumping feeling that made the original feel almost like an action game. None the less, I declare this game the best Tower Defence game to date.
I thought the reviewers below were a bunch of whiners, but when you die on level 70-something, after many hours of playing, with no possibility of starting back up from a saved game or at least a check point you tend to get a little pissed.
Hint to all you all: Plasma gun on the final level totally rocks.
Slick presentation but not great tower gameplay
Presentation of this game was great: I really love the old school vector type graphics, and the sound effects and music were pretty good. There wer some bugs, like the music not playing after my first game.
At first this game was fun trying to figure out the right combination of towers, but because all enemies were fundementally the same type, they all had the same weaknesses, so once I stumbled on the right path the solution was very evident. Enemies who had different strengths/weaknesses (more vunrable to lightening, less vunerable to freezing, etc...) would make the game much more fun.
Finally I felt like some towers, especially when the lightning tower was brought into play, aimed ineffeciently.
A mediocre member of the defense genre
I would have enjoyed this game, but there are a lot of issues that got in my way of truely enjoying it:
- I would have liked reflected magic to injure the baddies.
- I got hit by a creature and got stuck in the wave/experience area
- It is very easy to buy time to heal by walking close to a group or individual and then stepping back. When there are magicians it isn't easy to do, so those are the only levels that give me trouble. A group should be smart enough to split up, and an individual should never go backwards.
- The graphics/animation were only ok. It would be nice to have little touches like the sky in the background changing. Everything felt very static.
- The tech tree had very few items. There was barely a point to having it.
I don't want to be discouring. The game felt like it could be very addicting. In fact I will play it again. Something about those little people.
Will there ever be a Flash Trek 2?
This game is oddly fun, but as stated in other reviews it is buggy. There are too many issues to list, bugs and gameplay wise. That being said I'd be excited for a FlashTrek 2.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.